DDC Dolphin Urges Care Homes To Use Tax Breaks
World-class infection prevention and control specialist DDC Dolphin is urging care homes to make better use of tax breaks to help fund their sluice room refurbishments.
Under the government’s full expensing incentive, companies get a tax cut of up to 25p for every pound they invest in capital equipment. Care homes can use this to buy new sluice machines including:
- bedpan washer disinfectors
- medical pulp macerators
- incontinence product macerators.
This 100% capital allowance on qualifying plant and machinery investments was introduced in the March 2023 Budget by Chancellor Jeremy Hunt.
Under the terms of this tax concession, companies can benefit from:
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) – 100% first-year relief for plant and machinery investments up to £1 million. This is available for all businesses (whether incorporated or not) and most partnerships.
- 50% first-year allowance (FYA) for expenditure on new special rate (including long life) assets until 31 March 2026.
- Full expensing – 100% first-year relief on qualifying new main rate plant and machinery investments from 1 April 2023 until 31 March 2026.
Full expensing is available only to companies subject to Corporation Tax. Unincorporated businesses cannot claim it (but they can claim the AIA).
Qualifying plant and machinery covers most tangible capital assets including PCs and printers, office desks and chairs, vans and lorries (but not cars), tools, as well as kitchen/bathroom fittings and fire alarm systems in non-residential property. Land, structures and buildings are excluded.
DDC Dolphin Marketing and HR Director Zoe Allen said: “In these challenging economic times, it makes sense for care homes to take advantage of these generous tax breaks.
“We will continue to remind them of these important opportunities so they can invest wisely to protect their residents and staff and continue to meet Care Quality Commission standards,” she added.
DDC Dolphin is a world leader in the development and manufacture of infection prevention and control equipment. The company exports machines and consumables to care homes and hospitals around the world.
DDC Dolphin manufactures and supplies bedpan washer disinfectors, incontinence product macerators, medical pulp macerators, UV air purifiers, stainless steel furniture, and sluice room consumables.
It also offers a full sluice room refurbishment service, including free initial consultation and design survey.