Care in Construction
Care in Construction will be one of the features of Care Show 2017, giving you the opportunity to meet with and hear from the construction professionals, interior designers and care operators working on care-related construction projects.
It will offer two full days on CPD accredited construction content covering the topics such as:
- Supply and Demand – forecast of home build requirements in the UK
- Dementia Design Best Practice – areas that make the care home desirable for the residents
- Best in Class – innovative and leading care projects
Care in Construction is not just designed for architects but also for developers, estates managers and main contractors as well. If you couple this with the fact that care home owners will be visiting the neighbouring ‘Care Show’ you can be sure the whole construction supply chain will be in one place.
If you want to reach out and meet any of them, Care Connect offers an online portal which you can use to browse through the list of pre-registered visitors to both shows, and you can request a 20-minute meeting at the click of a button.
When you get to the show our hostess will ensure your meeting takes place on time in the Care Connect Lounge where refreshments will be on hand – all free of charge.
THE OUTLOOK OF POSITIVE CONSTRUCTION GROWTH IN THE UK:
- The care sector has more than doubled the contract value in 2016 compared to 2011
- At least an extra 6,700 net new places will be needed each year to 2020 to satisfy demand in both the public and private care home sector
- Demand for Care Home places is expected to rise steadily in the UK over the next 5 years
- Care Homes and Sheltered Accommodation accounted for 13% of residential construction in the UK in 2015