Care Innovation Hub: Challenge 2022
The Care Innovation Hub is at The Care Show to showcase exciting solutions developed to benefit providers and those receiving care and support.
Creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and leading experts from the sector, including people with lived experience, came together at Coventry University’s Technopark in early July for two days of idea generation and prototype trialling. Five teams from the weekend have been selected to each showcase their idea at The Care Show, with the winning team announced at 1.45pm on 13th October in the Business Theatre. The winners receive £1,000 in prize money, media coverage and further mentoring to develop their idea.
Programme mentors include representatives from Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) through their National Co-production Advisory Group (NCAG) , ensuring that people with lived experience are an integral part of creating solutions. Expert advice and guidance is being offered by representatives of the Challenge sponsors and founding supporters which include RWK Goodman, QCS, Person Centred Software, Marrgo, Home Instead, Hilton Nursing Partners, Hallmark Foundation, Greensleeves Care, Care Matched, Care Management Matters, Care Friends, BRAN Investment, Borough Care and apetito.
Come and meet the five finalists, and their mentors, selected to present their idea at the Care Innovation Hub at The Care Show:
1. Team Care Tech Guide showcasing a well-developed idea focused on accelerating digital transformation in care.
2. Team Chip’s idea is a cashless solution for adults with learning disabilities to support independent living.
3. Team Fall Free are developing a solution to prevent falls and fractures in older people.
4. Team Myghty’s innovation is an app to foster employee recognition and team working to improve staff retention.
5. Team Star are offering the idea of local re-ablement and assessments with housing for people living with dementia.
The Challenge, hosted by the Care Innovation Hub (CIH), was established in 2018 to create a platform for exploration and innovation in the social care sector. The CIH is now run by the National Care Forum (NCF). NCF is dedicated to developing innovation in the social care and support sector and this is a natural home to drive the CIH into the future.
For more information about the programme, visit https://careinnovationhub.org.uk/ .